Physician Guild Meeting, Saturday, February 3, 2018, Following the 5pm Anticipatory Mass
“The Threat of Aggressive Secularism: A Catholic Response,” by Dr. Brooke Herbert, Professor of Theology, Pacific Redeemer College
St. Pius X Parish, 1150 Mt Seymour Rd, North Vancouver, Light supper will be provided
- Regular meetings from September to May, with guest presentations on issues such as medical ethics, assisted suicide, palliative care, medical politics, encyclicals, Natural Family Planning, missionary work and many others. These meetings, when held on a Saturday, are preceded by Mass said by our chaplain, Father John Horgan. Ask for the Calendar of Events.
- Annual White Mass for all healthcare professionals held usually on or near the Feast of St. Luke, the Physician on October 18
- Regular social events such as special luncheons and missionary benefits.
- Lenten retreat weekend for Guild members and their spouses and guests. These are led by noted theologians and have richly rewarded those members who attend.
- The Guild supports and encourages participation in medical missionary work. Annual missions to Uganda and Vietnam have been led by Dr. David Neima. Call 521-3232.